Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Garage sale time!

Looks like I'll be having a garage sale to make my money to move. My housekeeper said she'd come over tomorrow and help me weed out all the stuff that I need to get rid of. I'll sell my bed right before I leave... I want to buy a futon frame and a mattress when I get to New Orleans. The things I know I'm keeping are my laptop, my desk, my TV, and my DVD player. I may sell one of my cameras, but I'm keeping the other one and my camcorder. Don't know if I want to get rid of the cell... I'm thinking of cancelling my Sprint account and getting one through Metro PCS (don't know if they have any of those in N.O.)

I'd like to get at least $100 total to help me buy the Amtrak ticket. I can get the other $100 pretty easily, I think. Then when I get out there, I'll need to rent a U-Haul, come back to Dallas, and pick up the rest of my stuff. (I think I'm repeating things I've already posted.) Anyway, I'm hoping to be out of here by the end of May/beginning of June. My birthday's May 22, and where better to spend it than New Orleans, a party town? (Okay, maybe a party town during Mardi Gras... lol.)

Hopefully this thing doesn't fall through and I'll be disappointed...

No comments:

Post a Comment