Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thursday, 3/25/10

I'll be closing my Compass account and transferring the funds to Chase at the beginning of next month. (As long as I open an account there by April 30. they'll give me an extra $100 in my account! Cool... at that rate, it won't take me long to save up the $700 I need for my move... lol.)

I also need to stop by Home Depot on the first and pick up some boxes. I have some storage totes that I can use, but I need a big box to pack my tv and DVD player. I have plenty of sheets and pillow cases to use as cushioning, so won't need to get any of those from the truck rental place. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and rent a dolly when I go to get the truck... there are enough big strong guys in my building to help me move stuff out, but what about when I get to New Orleans or Chicago? Need to ask Anne about that.

I'm thinking about running up to Chicago in May for my birthday. I'd love to meet Anne before we actually move in together, and I'm sure she wants to meet me. Too bad I won't be able to meet Jonathan before we move down there. I'd like to know what he's like too. At least we all share the same taste in music, lol.

Sent Anne an email asking her to ask Jenn how much a LA state ID will cost, and also how much they cost in IL, in case we end up in Chicago. I also need to find out about low-cost grocery stores like WalMart. I only get $130 worth of food stamps a month, and as I told her I doubt that I'll get much more than that where ever we end up. (As of right now, I'm assuming it'll be New Orleans, so that's where most of my inquiries are being directed.)

One thing I really want to know, closer to moving time, is when she'll be getting to New Orleans. The trip between Dallas and Chicago is almost 24 hours, so I'm assuming it's about that to get from Chicago to New Orleans. If she leaves Chicago at around 8:00 p.m., she should get there around 6:00 p.m. the next day. I want to get there myself around the same time., hoping that Jonathan and his mom or someone will be there to help us get our stuff moved in. I'm bringing my friend Ira along to help, so maybe we'll get everything arranged.

I just found out on the news tonight that the national average for gas is like $2.89 a gallon, and it's likely to go up by this summer. That means I'll probably have to save closer to a thousand dollars to move. I don't know if I can do that. It's going to be so hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment