Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Update

Three weeks until Anne goes to New Orleans to see Styx and check out the city. I had my cell phone, internet, cable, and landline disconnected to save money for the move. I'll need at least $700 to move... $400 for the truck rental, $150 to pay my driver, and $150 for gas and food along the way. I can save up that much in three months. I'm going to have my "get the fuck out of Texas" sale next month, so that'll help a lot. Most of my furniture will be coming with me... my bed, desk, rolling storage carts, entertainment center, TV, DVD player, etc... so I won't need to buy much when I get there.

I'm glad I'm sorting things out now, so I won't have to worry about it closer to time to go. I don't know if I can wait three months, though... I am not a patient person. It so needs to be July NOW. lol I got most of the stuff out of my closet, now I just need to fold and pack all the clothes I don't need to wear anymore. Jeans, sweaters, jackets, all that kind of stuff. I have four or five storage totes packed with shorts and T-shirts that I can swap out. I need to go through those sometime this week to see what else I have in there. Hopefully some things I can sell. Right now all I have are some clothes and an a few DVDs and some books. I need to find out from Anne if I'll need to bring dishes and pots and pans with me, or if we'll have enough with what she and Jonathan will have. (I'm just assuming for the moment that we will end up in New Orleans.)

I wish I could go see Styx next month and see the city. That would be so cool. But Anne promised me that she'd send me lots of pix, so I'll know what kind of places she's looking at. I hope she can get some interior shots of houses... I want to know what they look like inside as well as outside. Especially the old houses. She says she wants to live someplace that was built in the 30s or before (preferably long before). I personally don't care where we live, although being in a 100-year-old home is very appealing. The architecture of those places is so beautiful, and so are the interiors. I've seen some pictures of old Victorian homes, and I love them. My favorite style of architecture is called Carpenter Gothic (I call them gingerbread houses). I don't know if there are any of those in New Orleans or not.

Well, I've gotta go right now. It's just been awhile since I updated, so I thought I'd write something. I'll keep y'all posted on how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment